Our proposals will provide 220 homes of specialist accommodation for older people to suit a range of care needs. These homes will be a mix of Care apartments, Assisted Living apartments and Independent Living apartments. The project team has worked closely with specialists who understand the need for quality care provision to create a design that promotes wellbeing and independent living, supported by a programme of social activities for residents. There will be access to healthcare amenities on site, such as dedicated memory care and rehabilitation facilities. An on-site training school for aspiring social care professionals will also help encourage more people into the sector.
A range of homes to meet all needs
Our specialist accommodation is designed to allow residents to age in place and meet changing needs. There will be care suites for those living nursing with need of memory care that can be adapted for future provision. The Assisted Living apartments will have access to communal social spaces and outdoor terraces on their floor, and the Independent Living apartments include personal balconies.
Who will benefit?
- Health Enthusiasts: Those who want to keep fit, healthy and active as they are
- Adaptable Living Seekers: Those who want to live somewhere that adapts to their changing needs (i.e. care and support for a few weeks when they have a fall before regaining independence)
- Those who do not wish to be separated from loved ones with more challenging health needs
- Those who want to live in an environment which keeps them socially active
- Those who want to live in a town centre, reducing geographic isolation
Following extensive consultation with the local community, Polaska will shortly be submitting a planning application to Croydon Council. This site will be updated with more information as the application progresses, but if you have any questions, please contact the project team via the details below:
call: 020 3398 1590